Ten Commandments of Leadership
don't remember where I picked these up but they hang on the wall next to
my desk. For all who are called to lead, they are a great reminder of what
we should do:
- People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered (including
me). Love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
- If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank
- The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the
littlest people with the littlest ideas. Think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs, but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build
- People really need help, but may attack you if you do help them.
Help them anyway.
- Give the world the best you have and you will get kicked in the
teeth. Give the best you have anyway